Go from Beginner to Excel VBA Expert
I'll take you step-by-step through engaging video tutorials and teach you everything you need to know to be able to use VBA to improve your work flow, save time and automate your current Excel projects.
You'll learn to:
1. Enhance your current Excel files & automate your work with VBA.
2. Easily adjust VBA code you find online to fit your purpose.
3. Master Excel VBA & Macros.
4. Directly apply the Excel VBA example files included to your own work.
5. Use VBA when you reach a limitation with formulas or Excel functionality.
6. Create simple solutions to complex problems by levering Excel functionality with Macros.
Don’t waste your time
Don't waste your time on poor quality videos and confusing explanations. In this Excel VBA course, complex topics are taught in a simple way by an instructor with 17 years of experience. The content has been carefully crafted and clearly organized. The videos are high quality and include animations to emphasize points. Most importantly you learn VBA by doing.
What you can look forward to in this course:
- Understand how to use the right syntax in VBA
- Useful Excel VBA codes you can directly use for your work
- Use the macro recorder for simpler tasks and improve the code
- Working with the Visual Basic Editor
- Debugging tools and error handling methods
- Different ways to reference ranges and cells
- Different methods to loop
- How to work with data types
- PivotTables in Excel using VBA
- Importing data from other files and exporting data to text files
- Interacting with other applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- ActiveX and Userforms to enhance the Excel interface
- Basically all the knowledge you need to automate tasks in Excel
"I'm already extremely impressed with the organization and professionalism of this course. The course also has exactly what I need to tackle important problems at work. Very good!"
- Kirsch Mackey
"Very professionell approach and very well spoken and detailed information outlined in a good way. I`m a big fan from what I have seen so far. If you are going to grasp the "thinking" and learn the logic behind excel, VBA and different concept from a course. Leilas courses is the one!"
- Niclas Johansson
"It was an amazing experience learning it with Leila. She is a great teacher. The course is designed and conducted in the best of ways. If you are interested in learning about macros without much knowledge of programming and some knowledge of Excel, This course is your way to go. Best wishes to Leila."
- Dishank Gupta
What differentiates this course from the other Excel VBA & macros courses?
- Over 50 Excel VBA & macro examples. These are solutions my clients have needed through the years. They are likely to be useful for you too.
- 22 hours of Video content.
- Using the right VBA syntax is the most difficult part. An important topic which isn't covered enough in other VBA courses. In this course you understand why you write things in certain ways.
- Create 3 Complete Excel VBA Tools. We go from idea to final product and cover each step.
- Over 100 pages of documentation (including useful code) so you can easily refer to it when in need.
- Simple explanations for complex concepts.
- High quality video and different delivery methods to keep things interesting.
- Lots of ideas to automate your current tasks.
"Very clear. Not new to VBA and I thought I would be able to breeze through the first few videos, but had to stop and replay as there was so much I didn't know."
- William Wicks
"I'm loving this course so far!"
- Paola Guevara
"Leila has the amazing ability to not only teach this highly difficult subject in a comprehensible way, but also to combine it with interesting and useful examples plus fancy layouts. I'm very pleased with this Course and can't wait to Code my own Little Tools... Thank you so much!"
- Alexander Brück
Meet Your Instructor
My courses & tutorials are for those who use Excel at work and want to become better. For those that want to contribute by coming up with solutions to problems.
I don’t just want to show you solutions, but to inspire you to experiment, create and share that with others.
I am a Certified Microsoft Excel Expert and was given the Microsoft Excel MVP award in 2017. I have over 15 years of experience implementing and training users on Management Information Systems of different sizes and nature - these include SAP BW and Oracle HFM.
My background is: Masters in Economics, Economist, Consultant, Oracle HFM Accounting Systems Expert & Project Manager. My passion is teaching and solving difficult Excel problems. I am also addicted to learning and enjoy taking online courses on a variety of topics.
StartOverview: Macros & Visual Basic Editor (VBE) (1:40)
StartSteps to Your First Macro Recording (6:01)
StartVisual Basic Editor: What You Need to Know (11:56)
StartProject: Dynamic Cell Selection (Special Cells) - Perfect for Flexible Macros (11:28)
PreviewProject: Copy (Consolidate) Data - Absolute versus Relative Macro Recording (9:33)
Start7 Ways to Run Macros / VBA code (incl. creative & modern buttons) (12:24)
StartOFFICE 365 Update: Change from Excel Comments to Notes
StartActivity: Record a Macro that Deletes all Comments
StartWhat's the Difference Between Macros and VBA?
StartQuiz: Test Your Knowledge on Macros
StartOverview: VBA Object Model (What you need to become an expert in VBA) (1:39)
StartVBA's Code Reference Object Library (4:12)
StartVB Color Guidelines & Keyboard Shortcuts (12:09)
StartExcel VBA Object Model (6:17)
StartObject Properties (4:36)
StartObject Methods (5:54)
StartHow to Find the Object, Property & Method (8:16)
StartConclusion: Key Takeaways & Message from Me (2:58)
StartQuiz: Test Your Knowledge about the Object Model
Who is right for this course
- Business Professionals who'd like to automate tasks with Excel VBA
- You currently use Excel - know it well, and want to improve your skills
- You have Excel on Windows
- Demonstration is done with Excel 2016 but the techniques work with any version of Excel.
Who's not right for this course
- You consider yourself a very basic Excel user (I suggest you learn Excel well, before learning VBA).
- You don't have Excel for PC (Windows) - The course is taught for Excel on Windows. If you have a Mac, I wouldn't be able to help you if you run into problems (I've never worked with a Mac).
- The course doesn't cover Web-scraping or connecting to third party tools (it covers connecting to Office applications like Word, PowerPoint & Outlook).