ABOUT THIS COURSE
It's time to show Excel who's boss. Whether you're starting from square one or aspiring to become an absolute Excel badass, you've come to the right place.
This course will give you a deep understanding of the advanced formulas and functions that transform Excel from a basic spreadsheet program into a dynamic and powerful analytics tool. While most Excel courses focus on simply what each formula does, I teach through hands-on, contextual examples designed to showcase why these formulas are awesome and how they can be applied in a number of ways. I will not train you to regurgitate functions and formula syntax; I will teach you how to THINK like Excel.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
By the end of the course you'll be writing robust formulas and functions from scratch, allowing you to:
- Easily build dynamic tools & Excel dashboards to filter, display and analyze your data
- Go rogue and design your own formula-based formatting rules
- Join datasets from multiple sources in seconds with lookup, index & match functions
- Pull real-time data from APIs directly into Excel (weather, stock quotes, directions, etc.)
- Manipulate dates, times, text, and arrays
- Automate tedious and time-consuming analytics tasks using cell formulas and functions in Excel (no VBA required!)
We'll dive into a broad range of Excel formulas & functions, including:
- Lookup/Reference functions
- Statistical functions
- Formula based formatting
- Date & Time functions
- Logical operators
- Array formulas
- Text functions
- Powerful analytics tools like INDIRECT, HYPERLINK, WEBSERVICE & FILTERXML
If you're looking for the ONE course with all of the advanced formulas and functions that you need to know to become an absolute Excel ninja, you've found it.
Over 85% OFF
"One of the best courses I've ever taken. You can see through his videos how passionate he is about Excel. Thanks for this awesome course, count me in for the next ones!"
- Julio G.
"I have just completed the course and can honestly say that this is the best course I have taken in my life. Chris has a real gift of explaining the more difficult Excel functions and making them accessible and understandable. I thought I already knew Excel well but I have learned so much and have already put a lot of it into practice at work. The homework exercises were really beneficial and made sure that each section was fully understood. I love Chris's teaching style so much I have already purchased his other courses and can't wait to get started!
- Jon K.
"Chris Dutton is an EXPERT in Excel. He makes comprehensible to the student the complex (sometimes super-complex) nature of the formulas he uses. Everything that is written at the course description, although it may seem pure marketing and publicity at first glance, is indeed true. If I could rate it higher I definitively would. THANKS Chris!"
- Bruno R.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE?
- LIFETIME access to all content
- Downloadable project files and resources
- Unique, hands-on demos and case studies
- Course quizzes & homework exercises
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
who IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Excel users who have basic skills but want to get really, REALLY good
- Anyone hoping to expand their analytics skill set, work more efficiently with data, and take their career to a new level
- Students looking for an engaging, hands-on, and highly interactive approach to training
Meet Your Instructor
Chris Dutton is a certified Excel expert, EdTech entrepreneur, and best-selling instructor with 10+ years specializing in data visualization and business intelligence.
As Founder and COO of Maven Analytics, Chris’ work has been featured by Microsoft, HuffPost, Entrepreneur.com and the New York Times, reaching more than 500,000 students around the world. A leader in analytics education, Maven Analytics seeks to empower everyday people to change the world with data. Chris graduated summa cum laude and received the Charles Bluhdorn Prize in Economics at Tufts University.
StartFormula Syntax (11:03)
StartFixed & Relative References (8:42)
StartCommon Error Types (8:47)
StartFormula Auditing: Trace Precedents & Dependents (10:14)
StartFormula Auditing: Evaluate Formula & Error Checking (7:48)
StartCtrl Shortcuts (7:30)
StartFunction Shortcuts (9:44)
StartAlt Key Tips (4:16)
StartPRO TIP: Data Validation (6:12)
StartCongrats, You're a Developer! (5:07)
StartQUIZ: Formulas 101
StartHOMEWORK: Formulas 101 (0:25)
StartAnatomy of the IF Statement (4:01)
StartNested IF Statements (4:53)
StartAND/OR Operators (8:47)
StartNOT (<>) Operators (3:17)
PreviewAddressing Errors with IFERROR (4:03)
StartCommon IS Statements (4:00)
StartQUIZ: Conditional Statements & Logical Operators
StartHOMEWORK: Conditional Statements & Logical Operators (0:44)
Frequently Asked Questions
Over 85% OFF